Friday, November 12, 2004

After a Huge Disapointment, A Windfall

I don't hate to keep thinking and talking about the election, because this is the biggest, most pivotal, election of my life. I have railed against the idea that it is decided and over and that we all have to get on to the healing. Like you I've gotten my share of emails detailing how to escape from America, that we should just fuck-the-south, and enough red/blue maps to start my own Rand McNally. I am so popular! Ha. It's encouraging, in a way, to realize that of course there are many "little girls out there" who feel just like I do, silly. That's a quote from my father. He, like my mother is a lifelong Democrat, or should I say, as soon as they arrived in America, they realized they were fervent Democrats. And now they are depressed and feeling repressed. They're biggest concern is the Patriot Act and how so many people are unaware of what that thing is capable of. Don't rest thinking that just because Ashcroft is out that the next attorney general will strive to protect your civil liberties. That guy believes we can't follow the Geneva Conventions. I just feel too realistically pessimistic for that.

I understand that I am not alone in feeling alienated and identifying in the United Cities of America and all that, it's just that I feel that the election and post-election round up has gone too fast and we're already on to the business of Bush's judicial appointments and I just feel like what about the division of the nation?

Another thing I wonder is how you become politically motivated. What makes you interested in politics and the law when a lot of people are just not. Is there some prediliction for caring about that stuff and what happens if you don't care? Do you just default to the Republican party, ooh, or even worse, do you start canvassing for Lyndon LaRouche, you know, the kookoo libertarian? And further, how do you become liberal? Is it your morality or your idea of ethics or did Bob Geldof and BandAid just grab you when you were young? Or what? Wait. I know. I'm just playing.

Awful!

P.S. If anyone out there (helloooo Internet!) has any tickets to the Oprah Winfrey show, please contact me. I'm taking a trip to Chicago with Hamlice and I really, really want to see the show. Of course, the rapid Winfrey fans have snatched up all the tickets ages ago and so, if you wouldn't mind and if you aren't using the tickets, I would LOVE to have them. I only really need one. Anyway, I'm going to be in Chicago from Dec 21 to Dec 27. Think about it. Seeing that show might just get me over this post-election slump.

Be a friend. OK?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch in horror as the least dove-ish members of the admin. are picked off and the Bushies "clean house". Ugh... can it get worse??

Oh to be oblivious like Sadie and Misha

ps: Lyndon LaRouche is a kookoo communist....

5:05 PM  
Blogger c'est trivial said...

That's cool anonymous, but any word on the Oprah tickets?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home