Wednesday, January 11, 2006

On the Late Bus, Again

Though, is 8:45 all that late?

On the front right-hand side window seat a mother is entertaining her child, showing her how to trace her name on the fogged window. I'm thinking, "That's gotta be awfully dirty." The mother is prompting the child, "O, L, I, V, I, A."

Olivia: The name of my brother's latest child. Olivia, the fourth most-popular name in the United States in 2004. Olivia: The name of a certain pig who really wears dresses and behaves like a little girl. Olivia: A certain successful lesbian-only cruise line.

The mother turned to the child and said, "When you were so small and you were in my belly, you told me what your name would be."

I instantly loved the kid since precociousness is an undervalued gift, as she replied matter-of-factly, "No, I didn't."

And she probably didn't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Binulatti said...

Another ankle-biting crumb crusher gets added to my "like" list. I must be getting old. Ah well. Viva Olivia!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home