Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Once This Happened to Me

In the daytime before yesterday's night, I decided to upgrade my Findyfox Mobzilla webular browser. So I did. I followed the instructions and in due time it said we were done. And that's when I realized the upgradable thing had eaten my precious bookmarks, like this one I just found recently, that I really think is going to broaden my poetics and stuff: RhymeZone. Did you catch that foreshadowing?

I tried for a few hours, like 3 or so, to build them back up from what I could vaguely remember. Anyone who's ever tried to do this knows it is hopelessly impossible.

The next day (yesterday) I came in, turned on the computer and was shocked at the marvel! The simplicity of restarting the box had regurgitated all my glorious marks. Again I have Seven Nites, a list of all the happy hours in Seattle, and more importantly, the LA Times since I can never remember that website address.

Fascinating, no? I was crushed when it happened. And, then I was the opposite (whatever that is) when they came back to me like a boomeranging HTML picnic.


Let this be a lesson in humility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home