Friday, July 21, 2006

It Didn't Happen

Sad really, but the Digable Planets show was cancelled due to a rumored lack of ticket sales. I guess the show was sold out on Friday night, but undersold on Thursday, so they scrapped the whole thing. Still trying to understand the logic of the unsold show, and the cancelling bit, and I did hear this kind of secondhand, so maybe it's just a big rumor.

Anyway, DP is the best and their Blowout Comb is one of the hallmarks of hiphop... a CD I bought twice because I literally wore out the first copy I had. The album still sounds relevant today, 10, 12, 15 ? years later.

Here's a great, short article in the paper about their possible comeback. I hope they come back here someday! Interestingly, though they've made Brooklyn their home, one member is actually from Seattle.


1 Comments:

Blogger pbrchicken said...

yeah, Ishmael Butler (Butterfly)went to Garfield High School same time as me! He was a super-nice dude! Bummer this show didn't happen...

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home