Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Enjoyment Vehicles


Coleus

Coleus is what I'm going to plant in the garden. Especially now that I know what it is. It was so mysterious, showing up in potted urns and stuff. I might be ambitious and put it all over, though its probably best to stick it in a pot on the front steps. Isn't it so pretty? I just love the stuff.



Seattle's Town Hall

Something like a giant Congregationalist church, complete with many pewlike benches all fanning out from the center, Town Hall is a lovely place to hear someone smart read from their new book, or talk about poverty and injustice. While I haven't read the new Ehrehnrich book, I'm sure it will be much more engaging once it releases in paperback. The most interesting part of her talk was when she encouraged one woman in the audience to organize the other unemployed people in attendance to band together and try to make headway collectively in this very corrupt unfair situation of being simply unable to find a job. (Another nice thing about Town Hall is that it's situated in a very quaint half-block of 8th Avenue that reminds me, no, is the spitting image of several streets colonial tree-canopied streets in NW D.C. It also reminded me that I'm still such a tourist here. It's only been eight months and for a small city, there's a lot here.)

Guess What?! The Leaves Are Turning
No explanation necessary. What I can say is that it's dramatic. They're all hearing the call and making the switch to sweet, sweet, death. Leaves, may I introduce you to The Ground? Ha ha ha ha. No really. The ground is where you're going to live now. Yes, you'll be pretty and colorful, but dead, just so you know. Bring on the pomegranates.

2 Comments:

Blogger pissy said...

and persimmons!

5:37 PM  
Blogger c'est trivial said...

Yes! I can say with complete honesty, that the weather is turning CRISP up here. Dry, sunny and hot on one side with a cool underbelly. Not unlike a McDLT.

Today there was a crimson-leafed tree of some kind. I think the fall "COLORS" should be really vibrant this year since we had the longest crappy wet spring of my life this year. The bitch was like five months long! OK. Not really.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home