Friday, August 04, 2006

I've spoken to the bear's owner and he is not very pleased at all

Guess what one half of team P.A.N.D.A. told me.

It seems that someone in charge at a Children's Museum in England decided to hire a dog as a security guard... to the complete peril of the items he was responsible for securing.

Security guard Barney has destroyed a collection of rare teddy bears worth over $900,000, including one that was once owned by America's Elvis Presley.

Whoever hires a dog to watch teddy bears should expect a mauling.

I wonder how it all started. Did one fall off the shelf and startle Barney? Had Barney been planning this all along, for months?

You know, they're calling it a massacre.

Reporters have such a wry sense of humor.



A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.



I think he's sorry.

Will this stop the museum from hiring other dogs? From dog discrimination?

Apparently, no:

"We have asked the security firm not to send us that dog again," Mr Medley said. "I really don't want to see anything bigger than a Jack Russell."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that kind of makes me want to buy the dog. "this is my fido. he destroyed elvis' teddy bear."

I wonder if his price has appreciated as a result of all this.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Binulatti said...

Oh jesus. You better keep this article away from D&L. They're going to think the Revolution has begun, and then - all fiber will be fair game. I fear for your snazzy wall hanging. And the drapes!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Proof that humans really are not the brightest of the mammals. I feel smart again. Even after yesterday.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home