Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Favorite Frase F'said by Father

The topic?
Grocery stores.
The man?
My father--he's on vacation with my mother here in Wallingford.

The utterance when he couldn't recall the name of that grocery store that sells the really dark chocolate at a good price?

Dad: "You know the one, it's near Staples and the Men's Wearhouse... "
Me: "Safeway?
Dad: "No, that's not it."
Me: "Giant?"
Dad: "No--near our house and Old Navy."
Me: "Fresh Fields?"
Dad: "No... [with rising frustration, but still a good sense of humor] the Boys."
Me: "The boys... Dean and Deluca?"
Dad: "NO!"
Me: "Whole Foods Market???"
Dad: "NO!"
Me: "Trader Joe's?"
Dad: "YESSS!"

There you have it people. Trader Joe's. Organized in my father's brain as "The Boys."

That's what I'm calling it from now on, anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judging by my own experience, this is something that just comes with fatherhood.

3:08 PM  
Blogger c'est trivial said...

I think he's thinking it's Trader Joes, like there's this grocery store full of Joes.

I like that idea.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home