Thursday, July 21, 2005

Peep a Bad Movie

The movie Crash is bad and you should avoid it at all costs. What a load of crap. I guess, I though Ludacris and Don Cheadle were good but the whole magical realism bent of the film just didn't work at all. I didn't see what the point of that was, save for a distraction from the awful plot and equally unbelievable characters getting their rocks off by saying naughty racist things! How daring. It just portended to explore race and class relations in an overexposed Los Angeles with lots of coincedences. I felt ripped off--there were many highly emotional scenes that you would have to be a satanist to not be affected by, but the overall effect of them was hollow and cheapening. Yeah--I really hated this movie!

Well, I should have known better. I hated the neverending Magnolia and became something like the town pariah for feeling so. Why was Crash even made and why wasn't Phillip Seymour Hoffman in it? Props to Hamlice who really resisted going to this movie, but in the end, did because he likes me. Even though I hate everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamlice is a very, very smart man.

-Nicki the Fart

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, ditto and ditto.

This was one of the most patronizing movies I've ever seen.

There is some kind of syndrome, common among bad directors, which makes them reveal the obvious as if they were Geraldo Rivera searching for Al Capone.

You know all along what's going to happen, its trite, its boring, its over-simplified, then...surprise!!! It happens! Wasn't that clever!

And to make it worse, the director links some kind of mystical or fated event to it all...in the case of "crash" the whole movie was done in this manner...every goddamn scene.

But I digress...

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home