Monday, September 20, 2004

I didn't ask, but I'll take

There is usually nothing special about buying feminine protection -- you know, to protect yourselves from the ladies. Anyway, most of us need them. I was one too, so I went to Walgreens where a funny thing happened. The cashier lady decided to discreetly bag my tampons in a brown paper bag to I presume, preserve any shred anonymity I had left I tread these naked streets.

Look! It's that tampon girl! Ha ha ha!

Actually, it was quite nice of her. Sometimes I like to classify things that are weird as 'nice.' Because its nicer that way! I might just have to request this of all Walgreens encounters in the future. I mean, don't get me wrong; I like plastic bags. It was like I was buying a bottle of wine with my groceries. What an exotic throwback to another time when the shopkeeper actually knew you and knew your limits! Knew that you owed 'em money, but never brought it up, just bagged your parcel (parcel! that's an old-fashioned word!) and sent you on your way.

Congratulations to the Montgomery Street Walgreens for keeping it real. I took some photos to commerate my experience:

That's me on the left

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home